PARENTS AND FRIENDS ASSOCIATION
Parents play an incredibly important role in their child’s educational success. Research shows that when families are informed and involved, children do better at school. Whether it’s reading with their child, helping with homework, volunteering at the college or getting involved with the College Board or Parents and Friends Association, parents’ involvement is a critical part of their child’s learning and development.
Catholic schools would not exist without the outstanding dedication and contribution of parents. We believe that the Catholic Education our schools offer children is profoundly strengthened by the collaborative relationship between home, school and parish.
Parents are the primary educators of their children and Catholic schools complement the educational and faith development that parents have begun and are continuing with their children. Research clearly indicates that good schools become better schools when there is a strong connection with parents as part of the learning community.
Catholic schools rely on strong partnerships with parents and families and are committed to listening to parents, helping them to access information and become active partners in their children’s education.
The Parents and Friends Federation of Western Australia Inc. (PFFWA) provides parents and families with a powerful independent voice to speak on behalf children in Catholic schools. It assists them in working collaboratively with their school communities to help every child to achieve full potential.
Acting as an umbrella body for P&F Associations in Mother Teresa Catholic College and all other Catholic schools, the PFFWA represents Catholic school parents on a wide range of national and local bodies and works on their behalf to obtain funding to ensure the financial accessibility of Catholic schools and to ensure appropriate educational provision for all students.
Mother Teresa Catholic College’s P&F meets on the fourth Thursday each month, alternating between a 7:00pm meeting and a 9:15am meeting. All parents and carers at the college are most welcome to attend any or all P&F meetings.
PARENTS AND FRIENDS EXECUTIVE
- President: Mrs Melissa Osborne
- Vice President: Mrs Caroline Sampson
- Secretary: Kaelee Peace
- Treasurer: Mrs Sara McCabe
- Board Representative: Mrs Melissa Osbourne
CLASS PARENT REPRESENTATIVES
Each class requires usually two parents/carers to volunteer to liaise with the class-teacher to carry out tasks such as: orgniaising a class contact list of parents who are happy to be included on the list, liaising with the P&F re: community-building and fund-raising initiatives; initiating organisation of parent social events e.g. coffee mornings etc. The role of the Class Parent Representative does not require attendance at every P&F meeting. However, all parents/carers in the college community will always be welcome at all P&F meetings and it is advantageous to have some class parents attend P&F meetings.
In 2017, the Class Parent Representatives are:
- Kindy Blue – Annelise Whyte (Olivia Whyte)
- Kindy Blue – Nikita Malone (Rylan Malone)
- Kindy White – Narelle Lang (Mackenzie Lang)
- Kindy White – Demelza Paveletich (Lochlan Paveletich)
- Pre-Primary Blue – Sarah Berveling (Isaac Berveling)
- Pre-Primary Blue – Sarah Blake (Lauchlan Blake)
- Pre-Primary White – Jessica Roots (Addison Roots)
- Pre-Primary White – Erin Homan (Zac Homan)
- Year 1 Blue – Charlotte Kelly (William Kelly)
- Year 1 Blue – Cassie O’Dea (Hayley O’Dea)
- Year 1 White – Nikki Duncan (Isla Duncan)
- Year 1 White – Yolandi Aurisch (Aiden Aurisch)
- Year 2 Blue – Karina Phillips (Tahlia Phillips)
- Year 2 Blue – Kylie Martin (Jamie Martin)
- Year 2 White – TBC
- Year 3 Blue – Samantha Jenkins (Milla Jenkins)
- Year 3 Blue – Sharon Deacon (Archie Deacon)
- Year 3 White – Jane Deane (Sophie Deane)
- Year 4 Blue – Lian Murphy (Isabella Murphy)
- Year 4 White – Kim Dawes (Kyeisha Dawes)
- Year 4 White – Gemma Dabala (Layla Dabala)
- Year 5 Blue – Caroline Sampson (Charlotte Sampson)
- Year 5 Blue – Natarsha Bell (Dallas Bell)
- Year 5 White – Amanda Lambie (Brennan Lambie)
- Year 5 White – Samantha Jenkins (Rhyley Jenkins
- Year 6 Blue – TBC
- Year 6 White – TBC
P & F Minutes – 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes February 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes March 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes April 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes June 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes July 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes September 2016
- MTCC P&F Minutes October 2016
- Treasurers Financial Report – February 2016
- Treasurers Financial Report – March 2016
- Treasurers Financial Report – April 2016
- Treasurers Financial Report – June 2016